Itexted her a plea for prayer support last Friday. The three year old was having an especially rough day, screaming at each and every juncture her will was not satisfied. I stuck to my guns, determined. I am going to show her grace in my response, yet teach her that she is not in charge. But I was barely hanging on as I allowed her quest to exert her will chip away at me. It tired my soul. I love her more than breath.
It grew in me until there was a shroud all around my head. I couldn't hear or see His gifts in the moment, His joy dares, graces in the mundane.
No, only this, gut-wrenchingly honest text:
"I've lost my patience more than once. I'm angry with her and I hate that. I feel absolutely broken as a mother because, right now, I don't even like her. Discouraged..."
Then the reply came:
Breathe.People on the outside aren't within your shroud. My friend didn't have to look through my shroud to know what it's like. She's been there too. Roles reversed.
Get the girls situated and take 5 right. now. Get on your knees in a quiet place. Pour this out to the Lord.
Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you with His power and His fruit. God will transform you when you repent. Remember that He loves you and created you to prosper!
She was given to you as a precious, just picked for you, GIFT, to bring you closer to Him.
He is with you, He is the strength of your life.
You are not drowning in anything except His grace.
Experience allows encouragement gifted to others. Suffering transcends difference and connects us.
Where are you today, my friend? How might I lift you up to the One who knows you through and through, and sees you up close? Let me know.
Moms Against Manic Mondays is a place you can share your posts about:
Mondays - Encouragement - Joy - Pressing On - Etc.
- Share a link to your post using the widget at the end of this post, it's easy!
- Remember to link your blog post back here by adding our adorable button using the code found below, courtesy of Plumrose Lane.
- Most importantly, visit the person that linked up before you and encourage them in their comments! (Which is the heart of this community.)
"This is the day which the Lord has brought about; I will rejoice and be glad in it!"
- I desire to recognize what is my part of the "manic" in Mondays, and do what I can to change it.
- I desire to live abundantly in the Mondays.
- I desire to thrive in each day, to dance them in along with the sun.
Linked to With Thanks: See Blog Directory