There are so many beautiful things about Mondays . . . Here at From My Mountain View, every Monday, we band together and renounce/reject manic Mondays. Right here is a perfect place for us to encourage one another and be encouraged!
Moms Against Manic Mondays is a place you can share a post or article on your blog about:
Mondays - Encouragement - Joy - Pressing On - etc.
- To share a link to your post just submit your link, title, & image using the widget at the end of this post (it's easy)!
- Remember to link your blog post back here by adding our adorable button found below, courtesy of Plumrose Lane.
- And then you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments (which is the heart of this community).
Yesterday while shopping at the grocery with my family, the following happened literally within seconds of each other, pretty much simultaneously:
- The five week old started crying loudly because she was hungry.
- The two year old threw a temper tantrum for no apparent reason.
- I discovered that actually the two year old's diaper had leaked all over the place & I didn't bring a spare in the diaper bag.
- The five year old started doing a pretty intense version of "the pee pee dance."
- When a nearby kid asked the eight year old why they were crying, she defensively and rudely reacted, "Because they're babies!!"Then, by the time I was able to rush the five year old to go potty, it was the most disgracefully filthy public restroom I have encountered in my life.
photo sourceHeather, from God Centered Mom [dot] com, shared with me recently in a Facebook group about how she gave birth to her fourth child this year as well. She gave me some very wise words to meditate on, that I now share with you, my friends!
"[It is] helpful to realize the "crazy" came in waves...
and to just do the next right thing.
Not feel the weight of the whole day."
We just gotta shake it off, friends. Make the choice.Take a breath, and feel it melt away in the exhale. Simply make the choice.Not allow one moment taint our view of the entire day. Choose.Look for the thankfulness. It's always to be found when sought after.It was hard, so hard. I about lost it in the store. Well, transparently friends, I actually started to. I got totally stressed and short with my husband. Even pondered a white flag; giving up on ever going shopping with all four of them again.I found myself sitting in the quiet of the van, while it joined in cranked up stillness in the parking lot with the heater running forcefully. I nursed the baby, while everyone ate their dollar menu sandwiches health-conscious me reluctantly purchased to soothe their hungry bellies.I sat quietly because I was forcing myself not to speak. I have less self-control over my tongue when I'm tense. I kept my mouth closed tightly shut. The quiet allowed me to reflect; to breathe into HIM.And thanksgiving came.
- I'm thankful for my four daughters.
- That I'm able to nurse my baby on demand.
- For being able to afford $3 pants to re-clothe the two year old.
- For being strong enough to hold the five year old over the filth.
- For an eldest that is on my side and that I get to teach her about kindness on her tongue.
- And for a husband who stood next to me for support.
Sarah Mae said, "Being intentional is super hard. Then again, really loving is also super hard. I want to do the hard things."I encourage you to join me in doing the "hard things" today, in the mix of all your holiday plans, and if you're able, precious time with family.Choose the hard things with me today and find blessing out the wazoo for it. :)
I bless you today with eyes to see them and hearts to recognize them: the blessings in disguise this day. :)
Psalm 118:24 (amp)"This is the day which the Lord has brought about;
we will rejoice and be glad in it!"I desire to recognize what is my part of the "manic" in Mondays, and do what I can to change it.
I desire to live abundantly in the Mondays.
I desire to thrive in each day; to dance them in along with the sun.
Give thanks to the Lord! His love endures forever!
Linked to With Thanks: See Blog Directory